Burton provides waste program management and recycling program development to support our clients’ sustainability programs. Incorporating a variety of methods from data analysis, program support, waste diversion reporting, waste audits, and strategic program planning, Burton aims to decrease unnecessary waste disposal costs, improve recycling rates, increase recycling revenue generation, and maintain corporate responsibility. We work in concert with facility personnel to continuously improve waste and recycling programs and decrease the amount of waste being generated and ultimately ending up in landfills. At Burton, we combine this “Zero Waste” philosophy with an understanding that our clients also need to control costs and operate their business efficiently.
Our waste and recycling program services will provide expertise for your company’s sustainability program through:
- Waste Diversion Reports and Analysis to calculate waste diversion rates across complex portfolios ranging from site locations, Distribution Centers, Corporate Offices, and so forth.
- Recycling Awareness Programs are created to implement portfolio-wide recycling awareness in order to improve recycling processes, prevent recyclables from ending up in the landfill, and achieve corporate sustainability goals.
- Data Management & Reporting of recycling and diversion rates to the EPA WasteWise Program and municipalities and/or state requirements.
- Regulatory Compliance increasingly, state and local governments across the country are establishing programs to mandate recycling. We can help you stay in compliance and develop recycling programs that work for your business.
- Strategy & Communication allow us to help with questions like: What are your goals? What does the path look like to get there? And how are you communicating the intricacies of your program to your workforce, customers and other stakeholders? We can help you craft a cohesive waste strategy that reflects your brand and engages your employees.
- Waste and Recycling Audits to assess current situations and provide recommendations to improve diversion rate and increase recycling totals.
Our waste audits typically include an average waste characterization to quantify and categorize recyclable materials.
Burton’s waste-related consulting services are designed to be highly customized, and can be scaled to match each client’s specific needs in a cost-efficient manner. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your business and how you might benefit from an improved materials management program.
Find out more about the sustainability initiatives we support and implement to improve our clients’ bottom lines: